We ALL Have Them!
Whether you are starting your fifth 7 figure business or are just starting out, we ALL have limiting beliefs. Thoughts that tell us we’re not good enough. We don’t know what we’re doing. We don’t have enough money, charm, stuff or brains. Everybody has these beliefs creep up from time to time. It’s our inner psyche trying to protect us from massive failure by belittling everything we consider doing. That way, we never go past our comfort zones and risk anything. That would suit the inner voice just fine. The problem with allowing that voice to dominate our thoughts is that we know the only way to become anything IS to make the leap. To get out of the comfy and familiar and into the awesome zone!
Don’t Voice Them!
One of the things I’ve been experimenting with lately is making a conscious effort NOT to voice the limiting belief when it arises. What do I mean? I mean, literally that. Just because it crosses your mind does not mean it must be heard. Do not vocalize it. Do not allow it to pass your lips even as a whisper. I’ve found that speaking the thought out loud starts a negative spiral that can get out of control very quickly.
The next thing you need to do is look at the limiting belief and ask yourself a series of five questions. I found these five questions on Dane Maxwell’s The Foundation blog.
- Is this belief true? Because of your history with it, you’ll probably automatically answer “yes”.
- Is this belief beyond a shadow of a doubt true? When you consider there might be even one instance this belief is not true for, you’ll have to say “no”.
- How does this belief make you feel? Whatever negative feeling this belief causes is important to feel right now.
- What is the opposite thought of this belief? Here’s where you get a glance at the possibility of change by seeing the opposite of the belief you’ve held.
- How does that opposite belief make you feel? Here’s where you feel light and empowered because you now are feeling the opposite of the belief that’s been holding you back. The very fact that you feel empowered tells you the previous belief was a limiting belief.
Take A Minute To Congratulate Yourself!
Once you’ve gone through this process you’ll begin to see how ridiculous the limiting belief is. Then, you can dismiss it and move on with your day. It’s important that you do this whenever these thoughts arise. Eventually, you’ll find you’re not having them as often. That’s because now that inner voice knows it better have some proof that what it’s telling you is true. That hesitancy will make it harder for those thoughts to make it into your brain in the first place.
Did This Help?
My number one mission for writing this blog is to help you get unstuck and moving towards a life and business you’ll love. If I can help you in any way, please contact me or comment below. I’d love to hear from you!