GTA4 To Teach Entrepreneurship?
I know this is going to seem like a ridiculous post but there is wisdom in many things if you have your eyes open to them. The game “Grand Theft Auto 4” involves a Russian immigrant that comes to this country to make it big. He has a shady past where he’s done a bunch of stuff he’s not proud of. His name is Niko Bellic and he was hoping to come to America to get a fresh start. Obviously, no first-person shooter would be much to speak of if he just lived happily ever after.
Let me start by saying I don’t believe in the violence or moral ambiguity this game makes use of. I don’t think it’s a great game for a teenager to learn how life works best. The one thing I want entrepreneurs to concentrate on here are the lessons in entrepreneurship that have been built into the gameplay of this title.
- You need to build and maintain a network.
- It’s important to spend time with your family and friends.
- You need to outsource.
- If a partner or employee isn’t working out…terminate them quickly.
- Taking good action now is better than perfect action later.
- Concentrate on what you do best.
- It’s better to ask for forgiveness than wait for permission.
- Don’t let it become just about the money.
- Don’t give up.
- Be ready to adapt when the circumstances change.
- It can be a lonely road at times.
Did I Miss Anything?
Ok, all you GTA4ers here, chime in and tell me what I missed from this game. Leave me a comment below and help me out so I can make this blog more useful to you!